Start center, finish center

Hey guys and gals, question. I am engraving the inside of a cheese box or hat box lid. So the part Im engraving is recessed. So I have to raise the laser, place the wood down, then lower the laser inside. Question is, I want to start the laser in the center, AND Finish in the center instead of going Home/origin… because it will hit the wood. How do I set/get the laser once its finished to return the the job starting point? Thanks

I’ve never figured out how to get the Ruida to return to the starting point. I think you can do it with a user set origin which I don’t use.

There is a setting called Return Position in the controller. I just set it to “no return.” It doesn’t go back to the starting point but it does leave the laser wherever it is when the job finishes.

Are you using a Ruida controller? Move the laser head to where you want it and press the Origin button on the keypad. Set the laser/cut origin on LB to “User Origin”. Select wherever you want the relative origin to be (center, upper-left, etc).

Make sure the the target is where you want it in relation to the original and fire way. The return-to-origin will be the origin you set, not the machine home.

If you run a job in ‘Current Position’ mode it will always return back to that position, because it’s the only way to make the job repeatable. I don’t think the return mode is used in this case (though it would be wise to check that with an empty table first).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.