Start Delay Interfering with Tabs Bug

I’ve found an issue with using the Start Delay and the Tabs features.
Basically, when one object has a start pause time (dwell) applied, any subsequent objects that use tabs result in the laser pausing on each tab (with the laser on).

In this example I created two objects:

• a black square, cutting with the start pause time feature turned on at 200.00ms and cut through enabled.
  • a blue square, cutting with 4 automatic tabs (and no start pause time)

Here is how I can reproduce both the expected result, and the bug:

1. When I turn on optimise cut path - order by layer, the blue tabbed square cuts first and then the black square, with the tabs and dwell settings each applied as expected.

2. When I turn off optimise cut path, the black square cuts first using the starting dwell, but the the blue square unexpectedly pauses at each tab with the laser on. This causes significant issues, as it usually results in the tabs cutting right through.

I tested this on both version 0.9.24 and version 1.1.04 and got the same result.
I’m using Ruida controllers, and was able to reproduce this on multiple machines (using the same RD file).

Attached is the sample .LBRN2 file and the two .RD outputs showing the expected and the wrong results.

My current work-around is to ensure no jobs contain both objects with a start pause, and objects with tabs.
Let me know if there is a fix for this, or if it is already fixed in an existing version. Thanks.

optimise_off_wrong.rd (764 Bytes)
optimise_on.rd (764 Bytes)
sample.lbrn2 (6.7 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.