Starting Step for Anycubic Mega Pro

Hello! I own a Anycubic Mega Pro. I purchased this 3d printer and was very excited to use it. Not only did I buy it for the printing properties, it has the ability to laser engrave. It has an adaptable 1500mW laser that is a simple plug and play. There were crystal clear instructions for the printing part, but no one had made or discovered software that fit with the laser. The hardest part about the laser is the file. The machine will only read .bmp, which made it very challenging. I soon found that if I used Paint 3d, the application would export the .bmp files. The only issue is that the compatibly was very low and never saw the chance to expand it’s self. Further down the road, I was trying to learn more about this machine and its properties one day and discovered a website call ImagR. This was a break through. When I imported images into Paint 3d, they were to ONLY be black and white symbols and text. With the ImagR, I have full-blown images that now allow the laser to fluctuate in power for shading purposes and unlock new possibilities. I use for 90% of my work now and am so happy that I discovered it. But it not what I wanted. I want to physically cut out objects with straight lines. When I engrave my images now, it is only a back and fourth movement; progressively getting lower. I looked long and hard and found Lightburn. And there are issues that I am having. I cannot connect my machine no matter how hard I’ve tried. As I said before, the machine only reads .bmp and would like to know how to extract it in that format. I’ve read the other suggestions on here too about how to get the “Gcode” running properly. Some of that help would be great too. I bought the subscription and I don’t want it to go to waste. I am here writhing this for you asking for help. Sorry for the long story. Thank you for your time.

I’ve provide some screenshots for some reference

Thank you again,

Six

New Device Wizard - LightBurn 1.0.06 1_9_2022 4_52_06 PM

If you connect the machine to LightBurn it will control the machine directly. So the .BMP limitation will go away. In 3D printer terms LightBurn is the combination of a modeling tool + slicer + sender.

When you first setup the printer, did you use “Find my laser” or “Create manually?”. Either is fine but if you used find my laser it would indicate that the laser was found on the port.

How have you determined that you are not connected to the printer?

Can you show a full screenshot of LightBurn with the printer on? Try turning on your printer connected with USB to the computer before turning on LightBurn.

If you see no sign of life try turning on “Show All” in the Console Window. Then power cycle your printer.

Make sure a Port is showing in the Laser window next to your device. If not, select.

Try right-clicking on the Devices button to force a reconnect.

Report back on what you notice when you do this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.