STEP DRIVER DEACTIVATED

Folks,

I have the NEJE Master 2S/Max in the manufacturer’s software, it keeps the drivers always activated, using LightBurn the drivers only activate when I go to work.

I would like to keep them always activated, any suggestions.

Thank´s

Rogerio

Check out this GRBL setting. Sounds like you want to set this to 255.

$1 - Step idle delay, milliseconds

Every time your steppers complete a motion and come to a stop, Grbl will delay disabling the steppers by this value. OR, you can always keep your axes enabled (powered so as to hold position) by setting this value to the maximum 255 milliseconds. Again, just to repeat, you can keep all axes always enabled by setting $1=255.

The stepper idle lock time is the time length Grbl will keep the steppers locked before disabling. Depending on the system, you can set this to zero and disable it. On others, you may need 25-50 milliseconds to make sure your axes come to a complete stop before disabling. This is to help account for machine motors that do not like to be left on for long periods of time without doing something. Also, keep in mind that some stepper drivers don’t remember which micro step they stopped on, so when you re-enable, you may witness some ‘lost’ steps due to this. In this case, just keep your steppers enabled via $1=255.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.