Still stuck after adding limit switches

All switches are
V>V
G>G
S>S

both are confirmed working when tested with continuity.
As stated above, if you press home the motors are enabled but do not move.

Are you certain your firmware has been compiled to do XY homing? I think what might be happening is that you’re running generic XYZ homing firmware and the machine is expecting to be able to home Z first and is timing out because you don’t have a Z switch.

Try plugging in one of the switches to the Z limit port and triggering that one after you initiate homing. Does it then proceed to move the XY axes?

1 Like

Woah, This is really one of those hindsight moments.
I thought disabling the Z axis in LB settings would do the trick. But no.

Shorting the G and S signal does make it think that the Z axis has homed and continues to do the X axis!
I guess i need to compile custom firmware for this board.

G28 X Y Does not work in Lightburn, that would have been a way around it.

Many thanks! After toying with the Z axis, the X and Y axis now fully home as they should.

Great. I suspect your board is based on an Arduino Uno design. If so, the easiest way to get a custom firmware is to user LaserGRBL. It has a firmware update feature and also includes firmware files. I suggest the custom firmware named “v1.1h, custom, XY Homing 20190830”.

More information about them here:
Flashing Grbl Firmware – LaserGRBL

You can confirm if your board is Arduino based if it has an ATmega 328p MCU. If so, it’s almost certainly based on an Arduino Uno design.

Does it do this for both switches? Or just one?

Are you using NC or NO switches? I believe default GRBL configuration assumes NO so if you have NC switches you may need to invert those values.

One additional suggestion, if you update your firmware you may want to take a backup of your current GRBL configuration as reference.

The thing about not finding the switches was my mistake. I had accidentally clicked the pin invert button.

For now the manual option works by bridging the Z. The board itself is a Makerbase MKS DLC V2.0, not arduino.

I believe this uses Arduino Uno firmware does it not? I believe it’s an integrated Uno + Shield solution and uses the same firmware.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.