Strange Home Seek in some files

A few times I’ve created files that, when cut using the “start at current position” option will seek to the origin at the start of the cut (when optimized) or multiple times during the cut (when not optimised). There is probably some garbage geometry somewhere in the file that hasn’t been resolved after node edits or outline traces or whatever.

I’ve attached a simple file that has the problem – or I would have, if the forum software let me. I can email this file wherever desired. The notched triangle paths, when cut alone, have the home seek. The notched squares do not.

(Also, it would be nice to be able to weld two open paths together to create a single open path. Find the two closest endpoints from each path and if they’re within some epsilon, join them.)

Oh, it is probably useful to relate that the erroneous seek is “eliminated” if the problematic geometry’s cut boundary (frame) is moved to the document origin at 0,0. I add the air quotes because maybe it isn’t eliminated but just invisible.

Which is to say that it seeks to 0,0 no matter where the geometry is, so the 0,0 is not embedded in the geometry itself but added somewhere along the way to the laser.

Send the file to developer at lightburnsoftware dot com, and include a link to this thread so I know what it’s in reference to. The developer account is mostly for file submissions and isn’t checked daily, so a little context helps me figure out what it’s for.

File sent as requested.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.