Suddenly throwing the odd engrave or cut line where it isn't supposed to

Hi there

Anyone have any ideas why this should be happening? What I can check? Its only just started doing it, and nothing has changed apart from me going back a few updates, as on the latest ones, my laser just doesn’t connect.

On the attached images, 1 is the lightburn preview, which looks perfectly fine, and the other one is when its been cut/engraved. Strange this is, the laser head went vertically down, out of the range of the cut and did one engrave line, then went back up to the file area and carried on. on the second pass, it didnt move down, but put an extra engrave line just above the dogs nose and randomly all over really, skewing the nose/tongue etc. could it be something to do with scan offset? and if so, how do I change that?

I have done a few cuts swell, yesterday, all from the same file, one, it missed altogether cutting out one pieces in a geometric shape, I repeated it, didnt change the file, and it cut everything. perfect on the second attempt? so, not sure what’s happening? Mirrors and lens all cleaned, and to be honest, there wasn’t anything to clean off of them.

I have a lasertech desktop 500x300 ruida controller 80w laser

thanks in advance for any ideas on working this out

Terry

Terry, this is very indicative of a hardware issue, as software doesn’t break, bugs maybe. Assume you got your laser that you ordered :slight_smile: Congrats, what size is it?

It is shifted, but correctly recovers. It also appears to be lasing at the wrong time. Seems like different issues, but it’s something to think about as possibly related.

Your preview looks good, which is what I’m going on. Most of the engraving appears ok. Although I don’t think it’s in your ‘code’, it’s always good to post the offending .lbrn2 file if possible. Lots of people look at it… You can just ‘drag and drop’ it on the reply window.

Maybe someone that’s had this issue knows what it is.

Take care, good luck

:smiley_cat:

What’s your computer OS? Using a mac?
There have been some similar threads with the random lines.

Hi Hank, yes, IOS MacBook - the older version worked fine, but as soon as updated, was a nightmare, so went back

Cheers Jack
I will attached the file here…hopefully :slight_smile: thanks for your comment… didnt know you could just drag and droop like that with the files :slight_smile:
Terry
dog ornament.lbrn2 (210.6 KB)

Yeah, I think that’s a known issue that’s being worked on with mac & ruida.
You might want to keep an eye on and comment in this thread:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.