Support for Ruida controller RDC7132(EC)

My laser machine is fitted with a Ruida RDC7132 controller but lightburn does not recognise it and auto substitutes Ruida 644XG.
The substitute controller is not 100% compatible and I get about a 50% failure with etching and cutting, where the machine will do random laser work that is not part of the control drawing.
RDWorks latest version V8.01.57 now includes the 7132 controller and the laser is working well.
I prefer to use my licenced version of Lightburn but it is unusable without support for the 7132 controller.

1 Like

Hi, I am having the exact same problem, however when I use RD Works the settings are not the same as Lightburn and it is taking a lot more power to make the same cuts but right now it is better than wasting material.
Have you found any resolve for this issue?

There is no resolve for this issue really, other than using the RDWorks v8.01.57 or higher. Prior to this release, RDWorks did not connect with my laser controller. I find RDWorks are more difficult program to control laser functions, but this is more a lack of familiarity with the program.

I prefer Lightburn software (that is why I bought a licence), but the lack of support for the Ruida 7132 controller is a bigger problem than getting results from RDWorks.

Can one of you do this for me?:

• Run LightBurn
  • Go to Help > Enable debug log
  • Select the 7132 laser
  • Right-click the ‘Devices’ button in LightBurn
  • Draw a simple square
  • Run it (press start)
  • Quit LightBurn

Open your ‘Documents’ folder and you’ll find a file called ‘LightBurnLog.txt’. Attach that here so I can have a look.

Then, using RDWorks, draw a simple square, click ‘Save to UFile’, save it, and attach that here as well.

I should be able to figure out what’s different from that.

LightBurnLog.txt (25.8 KB)
Step 3 Select the 7132 laser … I used my laser but 7132 does not appear as a controller option when devices – find my laser is used only Ruida without model of controller.
Right click on devices in lightburn does nothing
I have attached the log file but the ruida .rd file was not allowed by the web interface as not allowed.
If you can provide an email address I will try to attach it then.

Hoping you can find something to help

Regards

Graeme

LightBurn automatically selects the laser model for you, so “Ruida” is the correct choice. The laser is actually connected and talking to LightBurn - what specifically isn’t working? Are you able to jog the laser around?

You can email the .RD files to support@lightburnsoftware.com and just include a link to this forum post.

Hi, any update on this? Is RDC7132 compatible with lightburn?