Support for xTool M1?

tkinter is just necessary when you want to use the --camera-stream option.

Did you have any luck getting Lightburn to work following this? Iā€™m a little hesitant to potentially ruin my M1 but am dying to have Lightburn on it.

I am wondering the same thing. Would really like to send to the M! from Lightburnā€¦

Iā€™m using this all the time to work with LightBurn on the M1. The ability to control the M1 directly from LightBurn is still missing because we have found no way to get the current position from the M1, and LB requires that.

But exporting a G-Code file and framing / cutting that with m1control.py works fine. Only work placement is a bit finicky because I could not get the camera stream into LightBurn yet. So you have to frame, check, and adjust, until it fits.

Also, you might want to tune the Z offset for your specific machine though, because I found that the default offset of 17 mm is a bit out of focus on mine.

1 Like

In case you didnā€™t notice, XCS now has an option to import and run Gcode from Lightburn. Thereā€™s a tutorial on how to do this at xTool Community

Iā€™ve run two jobs using this so far, and Iā€™m still hammering out the kinks. (Iā€™m a newbie to Lightburn.) The first hurdle was figuring out the focal distance with the triangle prisms. (Basically -17 + 7.7 + material thickness.) Iā€™m trying to figure out Kerf (Iā€™m assuming something like 0.04 since the nominal beam width is 0.08mm.) And I think I need to lower the acceleration because Iā€™ve noticed some distortion while scoring small details like text. If anybody with more experience has some general guidance on specific settings for the M1, I would appreciate that.

1 Like