Templates for laser engraving & cutting

Hi All
I am new to the forum and new to lasering and have an Atomstack A10 Pro. I am usung Lightburn as I found GRBL hard to navigate (I’m not very clever!) Please could you tell me where people are getting their templates from for engraving & cutting? I am hoping to go on and start a small business when I have mastered the process.
Many Thanks

Glyn. (UK if that matters?)

To start, you can download some templates from the web, search for laser cut templates. Once you’ve gotten to know and master LightBurn, it’s much more fun to make your own stuff.
Etsy is a place where you can find and buy templates for little money.

As Bernd said.
Note there are two categories of template sites: those giving you fixed templates, sometime intricate. And those allowing to design stuff in a parametric way. For example, boxes.py let you define various boxes to assemble, with your own dimensions.

I have some free files here - some are Lightburn, but all are DXF and SVG, which can be imported into Lightburn. https://www.layeredpaperart.com/free-files

3 Likes

That’s really kind and helpful thank you. Lightburn takes a bit of mastering doesn’t it, thank goodness for Youtube!

Brilliant thank you, Lightburn takes a bit of mastering that’s for sure

Ahh Ok, great advice thanks so much

The more a software product does, it’s inherently more complex to operate…

The first Apples stated pull down the menu and it’s intuitively obvious… yes the 5 options were pretty clear… Now that there are so many options, it’s not so intuitive…

It’s well worth learning and it’s not that complicated…

I replaced my honeycomb with a sheet of steel… I have location holes drilled into it. It fits snugly into the hole that the honeycomb rested.

The hole pattern is retained and I cut the holes, then I cut out the template. This assures they are in the proper place for my machine.

I don’t know what templates could be made commercially and be useful in some other machine… I will have to look at the links and see…

This is for tile

This one holds 12" square mirrors…

I prefer to a start from setting of user origin, so I put x, y coordinates in the corner of the jig, along with date and time information.

I enter the 95x180 into the move window, then set the user origin…

Is this the type of template you’re interested in?

:smile_cat:

2 Likes

Hi Jack

Thanks so much for the amount of effort you have gone to, to help me.
I was asking about where best to download templates from, eg. fine cut designs & engraving designs. I have realised that creating your own wordings, simple things, Dad’s den, Love etc are pretty simple and a good way to master Lightburn positioning etc. The more intricate designs, like a family tree to cut out are a bit beyond me, so I was looking for templates to simply download and use.
Thanks again
Glyn

There are art templates that have all the scrolls, flowers and other decorations available all over the Internet. There are literally hundreds of sites that sell this stuff…

Vector files are usually the most simple to deal with, but any artwork can be customized or have a name or slogan applied to it, just using the Lightburn software.

I’ve gotten them from many sites, most are artists that sell their work…

Make sure you understand the applicable copyright laws/rules before producing them for monetary reasons.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Thank you for this incredible resource…can’t wait to use it.

(Now to stop overthinking the many options and materials, and actually make something :thinking::sweat_smile:)

2 Likes