Text does not burn correctly in Fill mode

Hi all,

I am using an 80-watt Omtech CO2 laser with a Ruida 6445 controller.

I am having an issue from time to time when I burn something in FIll mode. Whenever I burn a bit of text, or the outline of some clipart in Line mode, it looks great. However, when I burn in Fill mode, it comes out “wrong”. Wrong, in this case, can be one of a few things. The text can be skewed, like it was done in italics, or part of it can be off-centered. Please see the images for a couple of examples. On this burn, I was using the chuck rotary cutter, but I’m not sure that’s super important, as I have had it happen burning on a flat burn as well.

Have any of you seen this kind of thing before? I have included example images and the project file. Thank you.

Dan

Yeti Cup - Billie.lbrn2 (309.6 KB)

Do you only see this while using the rotary? If yes then this might be a different issue but if you’re seeing this generally then to me it looks like the common skewed engraving issue for Ruidas. Take a look here for more information and how to resolve:
Configuring A Ruida - LightBurn Software Documentation

1 Like

I will certainly play with this, and see if I get different results by playing with it. However, in your mind, would this result in things being wrong “sometimes”, or would it be an “all of the time” thing.

For me, this happens enough that I’m not surprised to see it, but it’s not an “every time” thing.

I would expect this to be fairly consistently odd for any engraving operation. This is why I was asking if this was only evident in rotary function. If only in rotary then almost certainly not related to this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.