Text Half Size but Square Correct Size with Rotary

I am trying to setup my roller rotary in my OmTech 100w Co2 and I am having some issues with text coming out the correct height, but smashed together width wise. If I draw a .37" square in LB, I have gotten that to come out perfect with 3450 steps per rotation and stretching the width of the text by 0.34" to compensate for the 3.40" diameter of the tumbler Iā€™m testing on. But using the same 0.34 stretch on the text while leaving the height at .375" the height is .375" but the width is 0.62" when it should be 1.25". So the square is the correct size yet the text is 1/2 size even when ran at the same time with the same .34" stretch.
What am I missing here? I got the rotary to work on our UV galvo perfect but pulling my hair out on the gantry Co2!
Thanks in advance

My steps per rotation seem spot on. Canā€™t upload the video here but it.s exactly 1 full rotation from a dot placed on the tape. The red dot lands right over the dot perfectly.

What are you steps/rotation on the motor driver for that axes set?

What is the ratio on the rotary?

This is a basic setup.

I assume you are using the test button in the rotary gui?

Is this the driving wheel that makes one complete rotation?

Does it return back to zero?

:smile_cat:

I will have to open it up and check the dip switches but no if I use the test button it seems to make a maybe 4ā€ line and goes back, is that my issue? I need more steps? What I was doing is moving the Y to 0 on the machine keypad, making a dot on the tape and if I hold the down arrow on the machine itself it will go to 600mm and stop exactly on that dot. Thatā€™s what I was going in the video as well. That did seem off to me since with my galvo I can hit test and it will make one full rotation. I was going off other videos Iā€™ve seen with the same rotary and machine that were around 3000 steps per rotation. But after I restarted the machine the 3450 I had set would go past the dot and 3250 put it perfect. Same tumbler, same everything except I restarted the machine after having to leave the house. So I was setting the Y at 300mm and running it thinking that was my full rotation.

You need to follow the setup procedure. If you donā€™t have the proper settings it isnā€™t going to function properly. You must check your motor driver for the proper steps/rotation and then apply the ratio from the rotary motor to the drive wheel.

You should not be using the mug or any objectā€¦ just check the roller for one complete turn and backā€¦

The link I posted goes through the setupā€¦

I have 2,4,7 on so I guess my steps over rotation are a little off lol. Thatā€™s what I get for not following directions I guess. When I setup the galvo I pulled it apart and checked the dip switches so I donā€™t know what I was thinking not checking it this time. Ask I had to do is open the doorā€¦

Is it working?

I have to go back out and test it but I have a feeling it will :joy: I was going insane yesterday messing with this thing! Thank you I will report back soon.

Nope exactly what it was doing yesterday even at 5000. Why does it make a square when I hit test? The galvo it goes in a straight line. I tried to post a video but it wonā€™t allow it.

So at 10000 it goes past the dot so I guess itā€™s not quite 10000. Is it supposed to make a square though?

You need to follow the setup procedure. The steps/rotation is 5000, if you gave me correct switch settings.

You need to multiply the steps/rotation * ratio of the motor to drive wheel.

Yours is a different value, but on mine, motor driver is 2000 steps/rotation, the ratio is 2.5 ā€” 2000 * 2.5 = 5000 steps/rotation in my gui.

Itā€™s not a guessing game, itā€™s digital and needs to have the right value or it will not workā€¦ Take you time and get this right.

9700 puts it right in the nose! I went to 9600 and worked my way up. That seems high to me but Iā€™m also pretty new to this especially the rotary. Momma has been hounding me to finally do some tumblers though. Thank you I really appreciate the help. I had a feeling it was something i was overlooking and that would be the proper setup procedure :laughing:
It wonā€™t let me do another reply because Iā€™m a noob but hereā€™s a picture.

Glad itā€™s functionalā€¦

Have fun

Another quick question. When I set the steps to 9700 it would make a full rotation when I hit test but when I tried to run a .5ā€ x .5ā€ square it came out stretched width wise. I had to bump it down to 7500 before my square was actually square. What would cause this? And will that not allow me to do a full wrap?

From what I understand, your motor driver is set to 5000 steps/rotation.

What is the ratio to the driving wheel?

How would I determine that?

The most simple way is to ask your vendorā€¦ when that fails, you can count the teeth on each pulley or alternatively measure their diameterā€¦

Counting teeth is usually more accurate.

The wheel diameter is 68mm itā€™s an omtech roller. Looks just like the cloudray most likely they are the same. I ordered it through omtech though. The manual doesnā€™t mention anything about wheel size or ratio.