Text inverted when I move it since I installed the DSP licence

Hello everybody,

I’ve bought the G-CODE licence for my laser ATOMSTACK S10 PRO 2 month ago and everything worked great since yesterday when I’ve received a new laser (Gweike cloud PRO) and so i’ve bought the DSP licence.

Since that all the files i’ve created when opened have the text inverted. When I open an old file the text is okay in the right place but if i only try to move it, it will invert it (horizontal and vertical).

And even if I click on the horizontal and vertical to put it back it’s not exactly at the same place it was ans i have lot of files for my business with lot of text.

And the problem is the same if i open it with my Atomstack … hard to run my business since this bug

Any solution please ??

This likely has nothing to do with the addition of the DSP license.

It’s more likely that your Gweike Cloud uses a different origin than your Atomstack. I assume the Atomstack has origin at bottom-left. The Gweike Cloud likely has origin top-left or top-right.

As of now, files created with a device in one origin when opened when current device is configured for a different origin will result in flipped or rotated designs. Similarly, since the workspace size is different between the two devices, the position of the design may appear to be different between the two devices.

Hello, thanks a lot for your answer @berainlb .

This is what I thought. My atomstack is bottom left and my Gweike is Top-right.

And so any solution for not have the text to flip ?

Can you confirm if the text is actually flipped? Or just rotated 180 degrees? If going bottom-left to top-right it should just be rotated. If just rotated, you’ll need to re-rotate manually at the moment.

I believe there’s also a separate bug in the current release where text will not behave properly and remain flipped under certain circumstances. Can’t quite remember the conditions at the moment, however. Want to make sure that’s not affecting you.

I would tell you to have a bit of patience. There may be something in the works to alleviate this situation in the future. :slight_smile:

Artwork is mirrored across the perpendicular axes between the two quadrants…

If it’s front/left to back/right it should be a 45 Deg mirror across the diagonal from front/right to back/left…

:smile_cat:

Jack, are you suggesting like this?

If so, I don’t think that’s how it works. I see it as flipping in the Y and also flipping on the X since both quadrants are flipped. This would ultimately result in a 180 rotation of the design. Unless I’m missing something.

Something more like this:

It’s going to be in the same quadrant it’s orientation will be mirrored across the perpendicular…

Try it on your machine… all you need to do is change the origin in the device settings and you can see the resultant image…

You won’t see it change position, because you can’t see all four quadrants, but you can see the mirror operations effect on the design.

I suspect Lightburn could store the origin in the file and ‘flip’ it for you if they wanted to…

Rear/left …

Screenshot from 2022-12-03 15-11-04

Change in Device settings to front/right

Screenshot from 2022-12-03 15-11-27

Can be fixed by applying both flip-verticalflip-horizontal

Seems to work out math wise… but I’m no wizard…

:smile_cat:

I think you’re agreeing with me then? Not mirrored across the 45 degree diagonal, but rather flipped in both the horizontal and vertical, ultimately resulting in basically a 180 degree rotated design.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.