The inner area of the engraving is doubled / shifted - SculpFUN S30 pro max

I am an absolute beginner, but could not find a solution to my problem.
At a certain point, the font starts to be lasered double and offset. However, the border does not, but also shows a few defects.
I would assume that an object is lasered from left to right and then the copy is lasered when moving from right to left.
When moving the laser head manually along the X axis, this does not feel smooth, as if the pulley(?) has an ‘imbalance’. Could this explain the problem? It only seems to show up after a certain length of travel. However, I have not yet done a test print in this respect.
I’ll take a closer look at the pulley first and try to get the axis movement smooth.

Thank you all :slight_smile:

Most likely, the small setscrew in the pulley is very loose and allows some motion (“backlash”) when the motor direction reverses. Tighten that setscrew on the flattened part of the shaft and the results should improve.

That’s exactly correct when Bidirectional scanning is enabled: alternating lines are engraved in opposite directions.

If you turn that option off when the machine has backlash, then the next problem will be that the engraving is offset from the vector cuts. Basically, you must fix the mechanical problems first!

The pulley was actually the problem. It was tight, but out of round.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Now that is a new defect: Not only do they ship poorly adjusted hardware, they ship poorly manufactured hardware.

That should have been caught by QC at several points, starting with the original pulley manufacturer, which suggests (once again) that there is no formal QC at all, anywhere.

:frowning_face:

Unfortunately, I agree with that. The quality of the frame is quite convincing. It’s a shame how carelessly they’d waste the opportunity to make a thoroughly convincing impression.