The lightburn software can't detect my device

On the lightburn app, when I try to setup the device, I click “Find My Laser” and it turns up blank. I have both the laser and the machine plugged in and on. Do I have to turn the actual laser on (so that the laser is actually burning the wood) for it to detect?

I am using a Genmitsu CNC 3018-PROVer with 5.5W Laser Fixed Focus Module and I am on a Macbook Air with Apple M1 chip running Big Sur

Okay I got it to detect by wiggling all of the ports a bit and retrying, but now, even though I have the laser selected in the devices on the bottom right, the console just keeps saying “Waiting for connection…”

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing rn.

Have you tried setting it up?

1 Like

Have you done the obvious like change cable, change port on the pc and finally run the cable directly into the controller not the side mount on the laser, can you connect over ethernet?

2 Likes

I am using a pretty good cable. The thing I am wiggling is the hub thing attached to my computer because stupid apple only has the lightning ports

Yes I have done that. The program detects the type and settings fine when I click “Find My Laser”. I just keeps displaying waiting for connection

You can run it through the controller? You don’t have to connect directly to the laser motherboard? Does it matter that this will be the first time I am connecting to the laser? Does it need to setup anything before I can run it through the controller?

What I meant was “did you setup your CNC controller”. Guess that’s a NO since you only plugged it into the laser head.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.