Thin contours when cutting

Hello,
is there a way in Lightburn to display the web widths when cutting plywood or other materials or perhaps even to issue a warning if the web width falls below a certain width (e.g. 0.5mm)?
I lasered or cut a pendant for the Christmas tree for a friend.
The motif has very thin contours.
Many of the contours of the motif are so thin that some of them have already burned away.
A function like this would actually be very helpful for this use.

Thank you, greetings Jan

I assume you mean small connecting bridges or paths between parts …

As far as I know this software creates tool paths and doesn’t really analyze your creation per se.

How are you building these? Are they traced images…?

If you can post your .lbrn2 project file, we can look at it. I kind of doubt that it knows these sizes or is programmed to warn you…

Maybe @Rick can shed some light on if this is implemented somewhere…

Hang in there…

:smile_cat:

Hello,

Ihave now used offset to enlarge the thin webs of the contours by approx 0.3-0.5mm.
Let’s see what the results are then.
I can upload the file when I get the chance.
The problem is not about bridges or connections.
But about cutting paths that are sometimes too close to each other (due to the image, shape and contour).
I derived the paths from an image.

Thanks.
Greetings Jan

Same thing happens, I believe if it’s too thin or it’s too close to another part.

There is a limit to what these can do and the best correction may be a change in the speed/power to find better settings.

Or just realize the lower limit of your operation…

:smile_cat:

I have my grid spacing set to 1mm and just estimate web thickness. Anything under 1mm gets a little extra scrutiny.

1 Like

Hello,
ok, that’s a good idea.
Sometimes you can’t see the forest for the trees.
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.