TL-403CB Network Connection How to?

Hello everyone,
on my laser cutting machine I have the TL-403CB controller.
This controller has the ability to be controlled via the network port.
With the “Autolaser” program it is possible to manage it, but with Ligth Burn this option does not appear.
The only way to connect to the TL-403CB is to use a USB cable.
Am I doing something wrong or is the controller currently not usable via the Ethernet port?

TopWisdom controllers are still not officially supported by LightBurn - we’re in the process of adding it, and it’s still very much in development. Network connection is not supported at this time.

You are not doing anything wrong. In fact, you are ahead of the pack. LightBurn is currently working on supporting the TopWisdom family of controllers but it is very much in beta at this point. With our next release, this work continues and has a bunch of additional features supported along with a bunch of fixes.

Thanks everyone for the reply.
I find that LightBurn is an excellent software for managing laser cutting machines.
I am ending my 30 day trial period and will therefore be purchasing my license shortly.
For now I manage the TopWinsown controller with a PC connected directly to the USB, I hope that it will soon be possible to manage it via LAN.
Thanks again for the work you are doing on this software.

We are getting closer with each release and the upcoming one continues to add functionally and correct some issues from the last release. I can extend your trial if you send your trial key and reference this post to support at lightburnsoftware dot com.

Thanks.
I send id quikly

Hi Rick!

Any updates on this? I find that this feature is still not available?

What version are you using? We have added some additional support incrementally, yes. Something you are after in particular? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply Rick!!

I’m using the latest version 0.9.20 with a TopWisdom TL-403CB controller. I’m particularly after the option to connect via ethernet.

We are a growing manufacturing company and are adding more units to our asset list. We’ve networked the facility already and are able to control most of our units with Lightburn via ethernet, with the exception of our TopWisdom lasers.

I’m doing my best to streamline for everyone on my team, and LightBurn is the missing ingredient.

I haven’t done network connections for this hardware yet - I’ll have to revisit and see how difficult it is.

3 Likes

I sincerely appreciate your attention to this matter as well. :smiley:

If you can get this configured, and the backlash calculation to mimick the Ruida I have; that’s it. 100% of my units will be running via ethernet controlled by Lightburn. This will streamline and minimize training time required for new employees as well as significantly speed up our production.

If there is anything I can do to assist in the matter, please let me know.

1 Like

Any update on how this is progressing? Would love to be able to connect through the network to top wisdom as I do with my ruida.

Any update on progress with using top wisdom over network? Thanks

Hola, ya se puede usar en red?