Too much power Output LightBurn Ortur Laser M2 15w

constant 0.8v no matter what power you try?

So your speed setting is 3000 when you open the test and run it? When I open and run the test then my speed is 50 with this as the result… I have the 20 watt version of the laser master 2.

Jorrit

1 Like

The speed is 3000MM/min i assume you using a different metric? as mm/sec probably

1 Like

Yes! My bad. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Hi together,

I am facing a similar problem. I am using also an Ortur LM 2 with 15 W.
It seems like my laser power is too high.
It looks like the laser is always working with the same power. If I type in command bar M3 S20, the laser is operating as S1000.
S20 should be a little light Point with less brightness for positioning and should not burn deep holes…

Is this a problem with the mainboard or firmware?

Hi, I’ll change the laserhead and the mainboard in a few days after arrival. Then we will know what’s the problem :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks Toby, waiting for your feedback

:hugs: ja und ich erst :joy:

Having the same issue. I hadn’t used the laser in a couple months. Ortur Laser Master “20W”. I checked the VDC .06@20% / .13 @ 40% / .19@60% / .26@80% / .32@100%. When I run code it burns at the same level no matter what.

The voltages dont seem consistent
0.06 in what scale? did you set your multimeter to 20V DC?

Measureing black and white leads at the end of the cable that attaches to the laser head?

yes to both questions.

validated $30 is 1000 same readings

SEems something to follow up via ticketing system at ortur.tech/support if you can.

Regards
Gil

Unfortunately I haven’t received any spare parts yet, I hope I haven’t been forgotten :sweat_smile: I’ll wait another two weeks, otherwise I’ll have to contact Gil again

I just set mine up and having the same issue, I’ll be following along,

I’m up and running. Tested voltage at the black and white wires + or- 3 volts, then did a GRBL reset and it started working! Still have issues with it buffering when I jog the laser mutiple times in a row. It will lock up and status says busy but 1 issue at a time.

I received the new mainboard yesterday and tried it again today. unfortunatley I am facing still the same problem. Laser power output is always at one value.
Is the problem coming from the laser board?

1 Like

Oh no :-/ It only can be the laser or the wires or the power supply. Hope we’ll find it out :+1:t3: