Top wisdom out of memory

Hi all. I have a top wisdom controller in my blue and white chinese100 watt laser. On the whole im very pleased with it but, its killing me running out of memory. The controller will hold around 15meg which is fine for vectors but if your trying to do 3d engraving then theres no chance unless i drop to a size of 4inch by 4inch. Deleting all files doesnt help either… still not enough room. Guess what im asking… is there anyway of upgrading memory.
Thnx in advance

I’m not familiar with Top Wisdom controllers but if they’re anything like Ruida controllers there’s likely no practical way to do this.

Having said that, I’m trying to understand how you’re exceeding 15 MB file size with anything bigger than 4x4 inch. That would require you to be in the thousands of DPI for your settings. I assume you’re using grayscale for 3D engraving? Or I suppose if you’re doing a crosshatch that would potentially double the size but that would still put you in the thousands of DPI.

That seems like a huge file for a small engraving… Most of my file sizes, even for a very large detailed project, are only a couple Mb in size. I am curious to see what you are burning. Also I have had many problems with my ARM32 based controller eventually running out of memory. I found the fix was to name the output file for each burn the same from Lightburn, therefore overwriting used memory and keeping more memory free. I had to go into “file” and delete everything stored in memory on the controller and then be sure to name each project “burn 1” or something as I send the file to the laser.

If nothing else, If indeed your file sizes are just massive for some reason you could try storing them on a USB stick and loading the file from that. You would potentially have gigs of storage on the stick. Likely you are still limited by the internal storage on the controller though… worth a try maybe.

Lastly you can try breaking the project down into smaller bite size pieces for the laser to digest.

3d grayscale images. if i try to send them to the laser at their original size they are over 50 meg… thats for something around 15x15 inches. my only way around it is to drop the image to around 4x4 inches.

What DPI is the image?

Dpi is 299. Thats the highest i run it at

The Top Wisdom .OUT file format must be quite verbose in that case. Perhaps consider lowering DPI if you can get away with it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.