Topwisdom Controller Beta Testing

HI, I would love to help with the beta test program. Currently use both Autolaser/topwisom (3years) and Lightburn/Ruida. Thanks.

Hi there
New to the forum. My school has a60 watt generic co2 with top wisdom controller. How do I access the software for beta testing? Look forward to trying looks great well done,
Regards scott

For the moment, the public trial has all the current TopWisdom support enabled in it. We’ll be working on filling in the feature set and ironing out the bugs in what’s there shortly - we just completed a cross-country move, and most equipment was packed, so it was difficult to get hardware dev time in. That’s mostly settled now, so it should be picking up again relatively soon.

1 Like

Thank you for your interest. This ^^^ is posted up the page a little. Are you using the triall?

Awesome thanks. Is it plug n play or do I need to install some settings in LightBurn?
Regards

You will need to define a ‘Device Profile’ for this controller. Others have found this post to be helpful when getting started.

It’s pretty much plug & play. Be advised that there are some issues with the origin modes that we know about, and a few things don’t work at all (like grayscale). Apart from that it’s been reported to be fairly smooth.

Thanks Rick. Currently we use Corel with a lasercarve plugin. If I setup a device profile in LightBurn will I still be able to use Corel and plugin as needed? Does LightBurn hardwrite settings to the controller or does it just use the settings when the connection is open? I’m not really a tech so I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:
Do the settings stored in the TL controller stay as is?
Thanks for the links I will watch them. Cheers

Great thanks, well done

LightBurn doesn’t change any settings on the board unless you explicitly tell it to (though right now that’s one of the things not implemented yet for TopWisdom). We do have a Corel plugin that will shoot a design from Corel over to LightBurn, and you can also just import AI, DXF, SVG, or PDF files exported from it.

Note that it depends on what you mean by “settings”. When I say settings, I mean things like maximum speeds, acceleration, etc. You might mean cut layer settings, in which case those are all from the software, and only stored in the controller with each job, not globally.

Yeah, what Oz said. :wink:

hi there
installed this morning, connected to topwisdon straightaway with no issues. origin issues seem to be non-existent for me on the TL403 controller. it all seems to b eworking as it should…except…
I seem to have a power issue - even if i set the power to zero the laser still fires. if i set it low to engrave for example (like 10%) it is still very powerful.

awesome product so far - im wrapped
great job!!
scott

hi everyone
has anyone else had trouble adjusting power using the layers method? my laser seems to want to retain the same power regardless of power setting in the colour layers.
im using a 60watt with a topwisdon TL403.
many thankls

Hi folks.

Any thoughts in this regard please?

Thanks

I tried lightburn and had the same problem as others with the positioning. I hope to join the beta.

We have machines with Ruida 320 (which works flawlessly!) and now a K40 with TL-410C and will assist in testing once we swap out the K40 OEM controller with the TL-410. we have a LB license and current version.
Keep up the OUTSTANDING work team!

Hello there,
I would be happy to become a beta tester.

Im using tl-410c since 3 month.

Hi

Am have not had any response to my request to join the beta test program. Does this mean you are no longer looking for testers or just haven’t seen my previous posts? Please advise.

Regards

Chris

We continue the development effort required to support the TopWisdom controller and thus continue the need for beta testers. I am not sure what response you are expecting. As posted several times all over this forum, we have released our initial TopWisdom support, knowing there are bugs and it is not “feature complete”, providing access to our early work for those that want to test it out with their TopWisdom setups. Are you using the current release of LightBurn? If so, then you have access to and are running the “Beta of TopWisdom”. Create a new device profile selecting TopWisdom as the controller and give it a whirl.

Hi Rick
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I am using the latest release with a Topwisdom controller and am not seeing any issues other than those already reported.
I was expecting a ring fenced discussion area for testers where focused releases could be made available along with specific release notes and testing needed without releasing to the wider community. As long as I am in the right place to access the software and feedback then all good with me.

Thanks again

Chris