Total noob, can't connect LB to laser but it works fine in EZcad2

I have a China special… Was sold as a Raycus 30W, has a SG7110 Galvo head, The laser is a MAX MFP-30W-NABBA4.1. Galvo controller is LICHURN. The rest of the boards do not have names on them. The laser was sold with EZCad2 and has been running fine with it for the past year. Very limited for what I use it for. I was looking at getting Lightburn to expand what I can do but I can’t figure out how to get it to connect. When installing the Drivers and software I get a message on the EZCad driver that there is nothing to in stall to. Lightburn doesn’t see my laser at all. Any help getting it connected is appreciated.

Additional info. Running 32 bit system. The driver from LB for EZCad won’t load. The 32 bit system appears not to be compatible with the driver.

Please review the following and let us know where in this process you are finding it is not working for you. LightBurn Galvo Documentation: Index - LightBurn Software Documentation :slight_smile:

This system has been running for over a year using EZCad2. The computer is a HP Frankenstein operating with Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit OS. 4GB RAM Intel Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz.

When I get to the driver install and select Install EzCad2 driver the driver BJJCZ gives a status of "Not needed (No device for update present)

But I can connect to EzCad2 and output to the laser just fine from EzCad…

Per the installation docs linked about and here: Galvo Installation - LightBurn Software Documentation The driver installation might not work correctly for Windows 7, so use the Zadig method at the bottom of the install docs.

1 Like

Perfect! That worked!!! I can connect to the laser now. Thank you VERY much!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.