Tracing a high resolution file and rotation is off 180°

When I bring in an image and rotate it before doing the trace, when the trace window opens, the image resorts to the original orientation which makes it a little bit difficult to see what needs to be adjusted. (I needed to rotate it because the image was upside down when brought into the workspace)

Oddly, if I continue with the trace, when finished, the trace matches the rotated view of the image as intended. Just still hard to make adjustments in the trace window beforehand.

Hope that makes sense.

Try this image:

Photo by Mar Bustos on Unsplash

Thank you for posting this. And yes, we are aware of this behavior. The ‘Trace Image’ in LightBurn shows the image in its native orientation. :slight_smile:

For now, I have used a different, external tool such as InkScape to flip or rotate/straighten the image to my liking prior to importing into LightBurn without issue.

I visited the “Unsplash” link you provided and found the image downloads in the expected orientation for me. I’m unsure what might have happened to your source. :man_shrugging:

I posted the link purposefully as required by their site.

I used this only as an example since I couldn’t post my own for undisclosed reasons (which comes in rotated already).

This example image however, I also purposefully rotated and saved and uploaded so that it could be put to the test as if it was an issue. I wanted apples to apples. Wasn’t trying to trick anyone.

Bottom line is to be certain the images are in correct orientation prior to bringing into LightBurn since any rotation afterwards results in unpredictable visual anomalies while using the tracing function.

Anyway, glad to know it’s a known issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.