Transfer settings from existing installation

Our Makerspace has a licensed copy of LightBurn for their laser.

I want to prepare and practice with LightBurn at home so that the created files work there as good as possible.

1. Will I be able to use LightBurn without a license at home just to edit files after the Trial expires?
  2. What is the correct way to copy the existing settings from the Makerspace Windows system to mine? Which folder(s) / file(s) do I need? Registry settings?

Thanks!

If your space has contacted us and set up a discount code, you should be able to use that code to purchase a single-seat, highly discounted, personal copy for this exact purpose. If they have not, I encourage you to have them do so. They can reach out to us via email to support at lightburnsoftware dot com for more details.

You only need to set up your ‘Devices’ profile to match that of the laser you intend to use for output. A couple of things to be aware of though. Make sure your font selection is available on both machines or convert text to paths prior to running on the other system. Additionally, if your MakerSpace has setup Materials Library file(s), you can copy them over to your system as well. They can be saved anywhere and you just point to that location when loading into LightBurn. Some have even made the library files accessible from a networked drive to keep them consistent across the different systems using them.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply and additional tips. I’ll check back with them regarding the discount code right away.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.