Translating Laser PWM signals into Servo PWM signals

hi all

I am making a pen plotter with a MKS DLC32 controller board, the board uses a custom version of firmware/grbl to control the plotter and enable the boards features like touch screen etc - as such dont want to lose this functionality so i cant modify the grbl files directly for servo support I want to offload the translation of the PWM signals from the laser TTL(standard grbl) to a servo PWM using a separate Arduino board.

I saw this post where @Barny says he has done this Delay for servo movement - plotter or needle cutter.

any advice or sample code out there that I could use as a start would be great

thanks

Hiya, I’m just digging the code out now, it’s been a little while :slight_smile:

I’ll get it up on GitHub somewhere and pop a link here.

Barny

thanks, very much appreciated

Hey Dean, Code is up now at GitHub - barnyrelph/PenServo: Arduino Sketch for Controlling a servo in a Pen Plotter - Let me know if there’s anything you want a hand with. I’ve put some notes in the README about setting up. It’s one of those things I wrote over a couple of evenings, then haven’t had to think about for a few years, so it may take some explaining or remembering :slight_smile:

Do let me know how you get on - I found that using Lightburn as the controller for a Pen Plotter has worked out very well for me. Here’s a few photos of what I’ve made: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hnLWqvMg7kSxjMB96

Have a great holiday!

Barny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.