Traversal lines show lightly on foil card stock

Hello. I have a NEJE 3 Plus. I am trying to engrave on a piece of shiny foil card stock. The engraving looks good except for the laser traversal lines lightly show up. I have done some research and what I have seen is to check my $32 setting. It seems to be correct at $32=1. The lines don’t show on other non shiny card stock or on wood. Obviously I am missing something . Thank you! I have an older Dell computer running Windows 10 Pro. GRBL version is 1.1f

Looks like it’s staying on…

I’d check the values of $30 and $31 as specified

Might want to do the whole setup for a grbl machine…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Good morning Jack. Thank you for responding so quickly. I checked settings in Lightburn and my machine. They appear to look correct, attached are photos of them. Not sure if I am missing something, still quite new.

I think ‘laser on when framing’ uses the settings from elsewhere, like here… so check power setting there…

Screenshot from 2023-02-26 10-13-30

Thanks Jack. I will try decreasing the setting. Mine was at .25, I will try .01

I would think at .25% that would be low enough…

Do you have a voltmeter you can use?

I thought it should have been low enough as well. I haven’t had this issue until trying the foil card stock.
Yes, I have a DVM.

You can check the pwm output of the control board. It’s one of the pins going to the laser. It should at 50% power read 50% of the signal or 50% of 5V or 2.5V

When it’s moving around and the laser should not be firing, this should be zero volts.

You can read it from the laser connector or anywhere convenient. You don’t need power to the laser to check this… If you pull a connector, don’t short any of the pins…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.