Treatment of imported text

How does Lightburn treat text created in Lightburn as opposed to text imported in a CAD model? The version of Lightburn we’re using is 0.9.22.

Here’s the situation: I’ve been working on a project with a friend that created all the text in Solidworks and we imported it into Lightburn as a .DXF file. There have been a couple of instances where the internal shape in the letters have become disconnected from the rest of the letter. For instance: the small triangle inside the a capital “A” would separate and be moved away from the location of the rest of the letter. This has happened to A’s, P’s, O’s and mostly upper case letters. This doesn’t happen all the time but occasionally.

I surmise that Lightburn is treating the DXF imported text as lines and curves, and somehow the relationship between the groups of lines and curves to each other is being lost or corrupted.

Please post an offending file, and we can take a closer look. :slight_smile:

It may take a day or two to get the file.

Yes, I use a laser to engrave two color plastics (RowMark) for industrial labels and its always DXF files from AutoCad that get sent to me. I noticed lately the letters all broken up and the lasers jumps all over the place trying to do the text and it’s taking forever. I’m sure it’s open vectors doing it.

Now, I’ve done this in the past and not really seen this behaviour, but I had some weird ones that I had to run the DXF thru VCarve first and join all open vectors then export as DXF again then Lightburn took it fine.

I finally got the DXF file we were having trouble with.Processing: Panel_N916T_Final Lettering.DXF…

1 Like

Looks like your file did not fully upload. Please try again. :slight_smile:

When I just tried to re-upload the DXF file I got this Error Message: Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, lbrn, txt, lbset, lbrn2, csv).

I didn’t get the Error Message when I tried to upload the file the other day.

Is there another way to send the file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.