Trocen controller not cutting but test buton fires the laser

Laser was working fine but now goes through the motions cutting/engraving the design but the laser does not fire. I have used the test button and that works fine, Any advice would be appreciated. Fred

The controller has two control lines to the laser power supply (lps). The IN terminal of the lps is driven by the pwm from the controller and determines current limit for the tube. On my Ruida controller the pwm runs anytime an layer is executing. The laser is fired by the either the H signal going high or the L signal going low.

If you have a voltmeter we should be able to separate the fault to the controller or the lps.

First thing is to give a gentle tug on the wires and ensure they are actually screwed down and secure… then check that the connectors are seated. Usually if you tug on a wire and the connector isn’t seated you know it…

If you have and can drive a voltmeter we can help you determine what is faulty.

:smile_cat:

Thanks, I fired up my old computer with LB and everything worked, the issue now looks like a software issue, as if I use my M2 Macbook Air with the current version of the software it does not work

:smile_cat:

I have the latest ver installed and editing and file transfers work but the laser is just not firing

I have downgraded to 1.2 and still having the same issue