Trocen TL-3120 Z axis issue

Hello all. This will be my first post here, and I’m sorry that it has to be about a problem.
I recently pulled my blue n white 7050 out of storage after 3 years. It has the TL-3120 controller, but it also has the manual switches to raise the work table.
The issue I’m having with the z axis is that when I try to lower it, the stepper seems to be trying to move, but it won’t lower it. I have manually “helped” it to come down a little, but when I release the chain and the lower button, the stepper raises the table all the way back up until it trips the upper limit switch and stops. If depress and hod the upper limit switch, the manual lower button will lower the table, but when I release the upper limit switch, the table raises again,
Does this sound like an issue with the limit switches, or the controller settings? If it is a controller issue, what settings do I need to examine?
Thanks in advance
David

manual switches besides the control panel… ?

Sounds like the controller wants it in a certain position…

I have a Ruida, so I’m not up on Trocen controllers and they act a bit different.

:smile_cat:

Jack,
Yes it has red buttons on the side panel to move the table up or down. I tend to think it’s a controller issue, but I can’t figure out what it wants. I’ve messed with every z axis setting I could find. I’m just hoping someone with Trocen experience will see this and be able to help. Thanks for the input.
David

It sounds like you have manual controls, but the controller is overriding your manual…

I’m afraid I am clueless on what to advise… There are some Trotec users on the site, but I don’t have much experience with them.

Sorry I can’t be of more assistance…

Hang in there and see if someone else drops in with one of these…

:+1: I appreciate your taking the time to check out my post

Hi! Can you send photos of your machine and especially the connection of the z-axis? I think the z-axis isnt connected to the controller and its a brushed motor instead of a stepper. Thank you!

(My TL-3120 also has manual control but not with the controller)

I can send you pics when I get home from work this evening. Thanks for your response.

Vincent,
Here are a couple photos of my machine.

It seems to me like the manual controls are not actually connected to the controller. Have you ever been able to control the the Z-axis in software?

The Z-limit switches may just be power cut-off switches.

Check the actual wiring of the buttons and the limit switches.

I think it’s mechanical…

Seems like it’s in the switches… it want’s to go up…

@Phxguy66 stated “I try to lower it, the stepper seems to be trying to move, … manually “helped” it to come down a little, … the stepper raises the table all the way back up until it trips the upper limit switch and stops”

Sounds like a mechanical switch issue…

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help and suggestions, and let you all know that I have resolved the issue. It turned out to indeed be a switch issue. On the upper switch used to raise the bed, one of the connecting prongs was loose, and causing the switch to remain energized. I’ve temporarily stabilized it using some thin CA glue, and have ordered a few extra new push button switches. Again, thanks to everyone for your help👍🏻
David

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.