Trouble Importing DXF

Hi,

Having trouble cutting engraving a tag i have done for the past year with no issues. The file is made in draftsight and saved as a DXF but when i open it in lightburn the lines are all skewed. I have had no issues and nothing has changed that i know of since the last time that i cut it.

Send Help

Which version of LightBurn are you currently working on.

Recent improvements have been made to the DXF importer. More to follow if I’m not mistaken.

Is Exporting an SVG file available to you in draftsight? This may be the quickest path to your goal.

We are using 1.1.04. Draftsight only allows for export using dwg of dxf.

I have updated to 1.4.04 and it has made it better but has not solved the issue.

i have tried joining all the lines as well as exploding all them.

Any Recommendations?

Try downloading the public beta of 1.4.05 and trying that. There was a recent important DXF fix that might resolve this.

Public Beta Releases - 1.4.05 - Announcements / Public Beta Releases - LightBurn Software Forum

1 Like

After updating to 1.4.05 I am still receiving the same errors. Do you have any other fixes that might come to mind?

Set your Auto-close tolerance to 0

This worked. Thank you

LB should default it to 0. If you know how to design accurately in a CAD program, there isn’t a need for LB to auto-close.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.