Trouble setting CAM500 up on Mac

I recently bought a Sculpfun S30 and the CAM500. I have been struggling to get the camera aligned. The tutorial states to go into the camera and set the markers to help line up but I cannot for the life of me figure this out on mac since the tutorial is on a windows computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The workflow is the same between Windows and Mac.

Where are you getting stuck?

Getting your camera working correctly is a two step process.

1. Laser Tools->Calibrate Camera Lens
  2. Laser Tools->Calibrate Camera Alignment

Well in the video tutorial they went into the camera out of lightburn to line the + sign that they engraved. Is this step unnecessary?

Which video and who is they?

I see no reason why this would be necessary. This was most likely not a LightBurn video and were trying to solve for something specific to their needs.

Here is the video I have been referencing around 3:30, sorry for not including initially and thank you for the fast responses.

I will try the method you mentioned after I get off work tonight!

Looks like they are making the mark to help optimize mounting location. That’s fine and makes sense to do that which is part of the installation process. However, note that it’s not a part of the camera calibration process in LightBurn.

Simply use the builtin camera app in Mac to accomplish the same thing.

okay thank you very much, I will do it once I am off of work. Will update if I need anything else, thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.