Troubleshoot Material testing

I have been using the material test tool for determining the proper settings for putting some designs on a new plastic using my xtool with an infrared module. But once I get the settings for power and speed determined with the test tool and then apply them to my .png image I get a teriible result with plastic just burned and melted instead of the clean white I got during the testing. The testing I ran came up with best settings being 62% power and 16mm/s. The image I am trying to laser that keeps failing is currently set for constant power, 3% overscan, 200 DPI, 1 pass, Stucki, and bi-directional. Any help/advice is much appreciated as I am pretty new to this. Or anyone that has experience using a xtool D1 pro for PMAGs

Some pictures of the tests & results, plus screen shots of the setups, will help enormously in figuring this out.

However, this could affect the results:

• best settings being 62% power and 16mm/s
  • currently set for constant power

Were the tests in Constant Power mode?

That I don’t know, I only just started using lightburn so I haven’t figured out much yet. I didn’t see an option on the Material test generator page for running constant power.

Constant power was the problem, thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.