True print and cut - custom python app

I hope this is a good place to put this. I’ve been annoyed at the print and cut process within LB. My laser isn’t 1000% square, so doing large jobs and only having 2 points didn’t correct the skew. I couldn’t find anyone or anything close to what I wanted, so I made my own!

With the help of AI (sorry), I was able to build an app, works outside of LB but then imports back as lbrn2 file. This is just like you find on those $30k machines from Aeon and some others. I spent about $60 in parts, 3d printed my bracket, and some AI coding.

I now have a true print and cut feature. I print 4 randomly placed circles, point the camera to the first one and it will auto find the rest and adjust the cut for skew and scale. I’m now able to draw a .25pt stroke line if I want on my files and it will cut directly on that line! Down to under .05mm accuracy!

I’m pumped! I just got this working today and have done multiple sheets already and freaking love it! It’s saved me 5+ mins per sheet trying to setup the old print and cut, but it’s also made my cuts more professional now that they will all be uniform and accurate.

This was built for windows
It does require Python and some other items to be installed
It works for Ruida controllers (I know for sure Thunder)
I will not support it, but I do have a manual on how to use.
I will take suggestions but unless it’s something I need or want, I doubt I’ll build it in as I don’t have a way to test or don’t need it.

If interested in trying or using, feel free to reach out, I’ll get it online for download

https://imgur.com/a/PIyvi52 some pictures and videos

2 Likes

Interesting - well done! yeah I would love to try it out. :grinning_face:
Should only need 3 dots for both skew and scale?

So correct, the system will work with 3 and we can get our skew and rotation, a 4th is an extra good measure that everything is lined up and if needed it will make the final small tweak. Plus if for some reason 1 of the dots got messed up or a weird glare we have a 4th to work with.

As for the files, here they are
GET THE FILES HERE: GitHub - jkktech/LaserVision: LaserVision: camera print-and-cut for LightBurn + Ruida Lasers · GitHub

You mention Ruida in tour last post. Is this just for those controllers or will it work for everyone?

Ruida is what my Thunder Laser runs off of, I can’t test on any other systems.

1 Like

the github has a video, pretty much start to finish on how it works.

1 Like