Trying to configure Atomstack R1 Rotary Chuck on XTool D1

Update, problem solved! Atomstack instructions said to use white plug cable on Atomstack Lasers, black plug cable on all others. After verifying all settings without a fix, I decided to try the white plug. To my surprise, framing and run mode now runs perfect. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future! Cheers!

I have purchased the R1 Rotary Chuck to use on my XTool D1. I plugged the black cable into my ‘Y’ Axis plug on the motherboard. In Lightburn, I set the parameter of the rotating device (fixed value) to 160mm as stated in the Atomstack instructions. However, I am getting strange results on rotary motion on my XTool D1 when Framing or trying to create a circle on a tumbler in the rotary. Let me know if there are any other details you need, thanks!

I have an Atomstack X40 Pro but the process should be the same for XTool D1
How to set up rotary:
Disconnect the cable to the Y axis motor and plug the cable from the rotary to the Y axis cable from the motherboard

1. Before you put the part in the chuck go to the Laser Tools Rotary setup and adjust the mm per rotation and enable the rotary. Then click on test and the chuck should turn exactly one rotation in each direction and end up where it started. Mine is 165 mm but yours may be different. I use a magic marker on the rotary so i can see where it started and where it stops
  2. Then enter the circumference of the part in MM. Set your Start From to “Current Position”. Then mount your part and level it.
  3. Manually (By Hand) move the laser head where you want the design to start and click on Frame. Adjust the laser head as necessary and try frame again until you get the correct position and frame, focus the laser and run the job.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.