TS2 with TS2 Pro Rotary - Setup Test not working as expected

Hi all,

I’m very new to the Laser community but I’m happy to be here now. I’m 41 years old, having to children and I’m already owning several 3D printers and a small CNC engraving machine. So now I bought a Laser including a rotary to increase the “woman acceptance factor” for the Laser. Meanwhile I have the rotary running, but I had some issues because the Rotary Setup Test works (at least not for my understanding) not as expected.

After setting the parameters of the rollers and the mm for a full rotation, I did the test and it worked great. I had exactly one rotation to one side and the other side. This was with a value of 137mm. When doing the first frame this was already much to wide for the test I wanted to burn and as expected the test font was 3 times wider than it should. Finally I found a video, which should, that the best way is to draw a rectangle which is exactly the same as the diameter of the object which has to get burned. I did that and found the perfect value of 41mm with that.

But now I’m asking if I understand the setup test wrong, or if there is a bug in this test? I assumed, that if I setup this so that it does exactly one rotation to each side, it should be fine…

Thanks in advance,
Denis

It sounds like you have a roller rotary… the test button should rotate the driving wheel one complete rotation and return. That is the proper setup…

It seems to me that these have a 360mm rotation of some multiple (maybe smaller) of that.

With either, you shouldn’t need to change steps or degrees / rotation. this is digital and does not error… when you get to the ratio and wheel size these may need to be adjusted…

Make sense?

Can you post screenshot of the rotary setup gui?

:smile_cat:

That are my settings which are working well:

But with those, the “Test” does not even run a full rotation. Hmmm wait. Do you mean the stepper motor should spin one rotation instead of the object on the roller? Or the maybe the roller itself instead of the object?

The drive wheel or roller should rotate one complete turn and back…

On my Ruida, it’s steps/rotation… I get that from the motor driver hardware… mine happens to be 2000steps/rotation. This will rotate the motor in the rotary 1 complete turn.

On the rotary end, there is a ratio of 2.5 turns of the motor to rotate the driving wheel 1 rotation.

The value I have to enter is 2000 X 2.5 or 5000steps/rotation.

rotary-controller-settings

When I press test, it should rotate the drive wheel 1 complete rotation and back.

Right under the roller diameter is a notice that says For a roller rotary the value below are not required.

Make sense?

:smile_cat:

Ok. Then it looks like the one turn has to be for the roller instead of the object on it. Maybe that’s not clear enough (at least for me :crazy_face:) in the documentation. Thanks :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.