Turning off optimize question

Hey guys, I have a problem where I am doing a complex shape (a tree, with some leaves etc) and I need to do about 8 passes to cut through…

I am finding the really small shapes are burning because it is running the laser around the very small shape 8 times…

Will turning optimize cutting do the ENTIRE document once, and then start at the beginning? (Because that is what I want it to do) Ironically the KB article on optimizing doesn’t specify what turning it off will do…

There’s lots here and lots missing…

What material and what speed (in mm/min)?
Do you have an air source to assist the engraving process.

If the leaf is sharp and angular or has lots of corners or direction changes the motion control may call for power reduction. This corner behaviour can change the output of the laser and create poor cutting.

Pics of the project would help immensely.

This may be worth review:
How To Ask For Help

Heya JohnJohn, fair enough. I dont think I need help anymore as I have gone on to other projects… It was the project in the image below…

I ended up removing a lot of the tiny detailing to avoid burning problems. Some of the leaves and/or gaps in the tree canopy were under 5mm in size, and considering I was doing a lot of passes at low speed and high power it was burning the edges. (15 passes, 300 speed, power 95%).

I did consider putting the small details on a separate layer and running it faster at lower power but in the end I decided the details would be too small to make a difference to anyone but me…

Laser - Sculpfun S6 Pro, no air assist.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.