Turning Several Shapes into One

So what I have here is a shape I created using circles, squares, boolian, etc. As you can see the arcs overlap and so when it cuts it cuts to the end, stops, then starts back as a separate shape. How do I merge the outer shape to be one shape and cut as one? I’ve tried grouping, closing paths, auto join selected paths, etc but I can’t seem to get them into a singular shape. I’m sure I’m just missing something simple but can’t seem to figure out what.

I pushed the shapes apart so you can see what each one looks like, but they align to create a singular shape.

The simplest answer would be to close the upper and lower shapes, overlap them, then use Weld to combine them:

I managed to get the top half to auto join but for some reason the bottom half won’t join fully. It just separated itself into 2 parts and won’t join those 2 parts. Everything looks aligned, and I’m not sure where I’m going wrong with this.

Honda Adapter.lbrn (17.9 KB)

The bottom was a group. I un-grouped it, then joined it, and did the weld.

Honda Adapter Fix.lbrn (16.4 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.