Two begging questions

Eac time o open lightburn setting have gon and destroy top has gone back to set up e.g I change item on tool board to get rid of drop down, when I open and close lightburn it reverts to default set up?

Also can I ask when looking at cuts and la6ers window wha5 is the kerf referring to? I understand what kerf is and how to find it but I am unable to find out what this is?

Andy

Kerf offset is the distance Lightburn will move the cut away from the vector to account for the beam width. Personally, I prefer to use an actual offset. I like to see where the offset is going.

See more below:

1 Like

@cggorman agreed.
I would prefer LB added a feature to show the shape vector (different color or dim) in preview when kerf offset was in effect on the layer, or better yet, show the full width of the kerf in color along with the shape vector in preview all the time. Sheetcam does this and it’s extremely helpful and low stress on the nerves concerned with material waste.

vote for such a feature here: Show Kerf offset in Preview Pane · LightBurn

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.