UCCNC and Lightburn

Hey there!

I would like to generate gcode for my UCCNC-controlled Stepcraft using Lightburn. But actually I’ve got two problems/questions:

1. UCCNC needs to get “M10 QXXX” commands to turn on the laser. M3 is additionally used to enable the Laser.
    At the moment I use Lightburn with a LinuxCNC-dummy-device and replace the “M67 E0” with “M10” manually after I generated thegcode.
    Is there a way to configure which commands Lightburn use in its gcode export to use the M10 directly?

2. Is it possible to invert the y axis in Lightburn so the values are inverted in the gcode?
    I don’t want to invert the y axis via UCCNC because every other gcode generator I use generates the y axis gcode “right”.

Thanks!

1 Like

I worked with a stepcraft user a while back to come up with a method to generate gcode that worked for him. We arrived at using a Marlin profile but it’s possible your LinuxCNC method is better/easier. I hadn’t explored it. Take a look at this post:

I believe you can achieve this by changing the Origin in Device Settings. If you only want to invert the Y, then flip the vertical position of the origin. For example, if it’s currently top-left, switch to bottom-left. If bottom-right, switch to top-right.

1 Like

First, thanks for your fast reply!

That’s similiar to what I have to do actually. So there’s no way to change the commands directly in Lightburn and I have to edit the saved gcode?
Works, but would be nicer if I wouldn’t need this additional step.

That did the trick! Thank you!

No. There’s nothing like a post-processor that would allow this. Marlin profile does have the ability to modify which codes to use for on/off of laser but those are discrete choices and don’t allow customization.

All right. Then I’ll deal with it.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.