ULS PLS4.75 Compatibility

Hey Everyone,

I have an Ortur LM3 at home and I use LightBurn as a controller and I love it. At work, we use a ULS PLS4.75 and UCP is a PAIN to deal with when compared to LightBurn. From what I see, ULS lasers are not compatible with LightBurn, but the last info that I can find is from 2021, so I was hoping there might be an update because I can’t stand using UCP hahah. I know I would have to get a license for that product if it was available, but I was curious which license would be the one I need.

If lightburn will work with it or not depends on the controller within the machine.

Do you know what controller the machine has?

If you can determine the controller type/model, you will be able to tell if it is supported by lightburn.

When I google them, I find this

What software can I use to create design files for laser material processing?

ULS systems will process design files printed from a wide variety of programs such as: Adobe® Illustrator®, CorelDRAW®, SOLIDWORKS, and AutoCAD®.

Pretty much sounds like a proprietary hard/software system… I doubt it will respond to Lightburn.

You could email them and ask…

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

Yeah, I’ve been trying to find that out, I’ll take a look tomorrow but from what I’ve seen, it is proprietary. It’s direct method is to “Print” to the laser, which then opens up UCP, their software that looks like it was made as a childs game in 2001, and when printing DXFs directly from SolidWorks, it won’t register as a vector, only a raster, which makes cutting a simple rectangular shape out take 25 minutes, when if it was a vector, it would take 20 seconds. I’ve found a workaround but just figured I’d ask if there was any support for it.

I’ll send them an email though and see what they say, thank you!!

Give us their reply… others may find it useful.

:smiley_cat:

From LightBurn Email:

Hi Ry,

LightBurn does not currently support direct communication with machines such as Epilog, Universal Laser Systems, or GCC as these each have very proprietary control systems.

However, if your machine has a “print driver”, meaning that the way that you use it now is by “printing” to it from a program on your computer. Give it a try, however be warned that Universal Laser systems this can still be unsuccessful approximately half the time. A good tip for success with ULS laser’s is to 'Print" to PDF from LightBurn, open the file in Adobe Acrobat and send it from there.

Please see here for more details: Printing from LightBurn to Epilog, ULS, GCC, and other machines with a print driver

Cheers,
LightBurn Software Support

As expected, it’s proprietary so there isn’t a way to use lightburn with the ULS Lasers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.