Unable to access SHX fonts

I am trying to install shx (single line fonts). I followed all of the instructions in the youtube video link SHX (single line) fonts tutorial - YouTube but the fonts don’t show up in the font list. I’ve tried putting the fonts into different locations (windows directory, C: and on own server, but nothing shows up when I select that directory. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Can you show us what you are doing and how you are setting access to these SHX fonts? Below, I show how I have things set.

Which version of LightBurn are you using and on which OS?

I’ve downloaded a bunch of shx fonts.

And selected that folder in lightburn settings

But no SHX fonts show up in my font list on lightburn

Lightburn version 1.0.02 windows 10

You’ll need to actually unzip the fonts into a folder so that the fonts actually reside in the folder (not in the zip).

Restart LightBurn after for good measure.

Also, are you pointing to a network share drive? If so, this should work but make sure it’s a stable share and that the drive letter doesn’t change.

1 Like

Correct and good eye @berainlb :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did extract the files, but they do seem awfully small. I’ve sent the wrong screen capture in the previous message. Also, I have managed to install a whole pile of new fonts, but they are all showing up as True Type (not single line). Not sure how I did that?

I’ll go through the process again

This is the directory I select in lightburn, note no files show up in the list.
This is the new problem, lightburn crashes when I click ok

I just tested it and no fonts show in the folder selection screen so the 2nd screenshot is okay.

I don’t think it should be a problem but try removing spaces in the folder name.

Ok, I moved the files to C: downloads and got rid of the spaces and it worked. Was it the spaces in the directory name, or the server directory that caused the problem?

Also, is there a way to sort the fonts by type? SHX and TT?

Thanks for your help!

Here is what I do…

Naming convention is the key. :slight_smile:

Glad you got it. Can’t say about root cause. I haven’t noticed an issue with LightBurn having issues with spaces for other directories.

Can you confirm what type of drive your I drive was?

I’m not sure what type of drive it is. It is the server we save to for students to access, but they can’t write to it.
Can you tell me where lightburn accesses TT fonts from? I somehow loaded a pile of them, and I want to delete a bunch of them - too much choice makes it hard for my students to pick one.

I’m trying to finalize all of the preferences and settings so that my students will only be able to load what I want.

Thanks again.

LightBurn uses System Fonts. All fonts, accept the SHX fonts, come from those installed with the OS. For Macs, they are installed using Font Book, Windows uses a font viewer to install to the system.

Search for “how to remove fonts from my system” for more on reducing the fonts available from the font lists of all your software. For the SHX fonts, only place the ones you want accessible in the folder you point to in LightBurn Settings. Only those should be displayed now when pulling down the font list.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.