Unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

I am installing LightBurn on my home computer. I have used it before elsewhere, but it was already installed there. My issue is that once i have installed it (both the software and C++), I receive one of three errors: missing DLL (first api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, then api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.dll), and if i install them manually (in program files/lightburn), i have an error “unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)”. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times in both 64 and 32 from fresh downloads, removed all C++ and reinstalled, manually installed the missing DLL files, on two computers (desktop and laptop, both running windows 7) but cannot get it to work. I would appreciate your help. thanks.

Try full uninstalling, and clearing the LightBurn program folder in Program Files, then re-install. That specific error code means that the software is trying to load a 64-bit version library into the 32-bit software, or vice versa. Copying those DLLs into the program folder would do that if you didn’t get match the correct version (64/32 bit) to the version of LightBurn you’re running.

Thanks. No longer getting the …7b error, now getting 0xc000005 error. Is there an older version of the software i can download to try? this version is 0.9.18 64 bit running on a 64 bit computer

You can download all older versions of the software, but this sounds like something fundamentally wrong with your system.

Can you take a screen shot of the error you get?

Older versions are here: How do I find older versions of LightBurn?

Thanks. I will try the older version. It is an older computer and I think the bios battery is flat as it keeps resetting the time/date on startup. May need to get a different computer.