Unable to update

I have been trying to update Lightburn to 1.4.03. I was successful on my laptop but cannot update my desktop. I get the following message:

Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.
Error 5. Access denied
Customer service made a couple suggestions but they did not work. I don’t like to play with operating files etc. without specific instructions for fear I may mess up the operating system. Any suggestions?

I avoided this by installing Lightburn in the root (C:) directory (C:\LightBurn). If you installed in one of the protected directories, like Windows or Program Files, Windows will permit the install, but not edits/changes later.

1 Like

I posted a link in this thread that fixes this problem. Check it out.

EDIT with the link.

Mike, I know nothing about root directory or program files etc. so I don’t know what to do to fix the problem. This is why i wrote as I am hesitant to make any changes without specific instructions.

Dale

Make sure your install Key is handy if you have licensed Lightburn.

Then Uninstall Lightburn.
Reinstall Lightburn, but change the install directory to C:\Lightburn. This will put it in a location where you have free access to the files and folders.

If you are still hesitant, ask a relative or friend to do it for you.

Mike, If I uninstall will I loose all my files in artwork Library etc… some I saved directly from the project only.

Try the link I posted above. It just makes sure you have permissions set in the temp folders.

I have no experience with those files, but read thru the links @micrololin posted above first.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.