Universal Engraver 15000mw blue CNC laser 2nd Computer

Hi, I am currently running LB and my Laser (15000 mw Blue CNC Laser Engraving Machine) on my Mac. I am having problems connecting my laser to my other laptop. Both computers are Macbooks and my main computer has no problems connecting but my other Macbook won’t connect. I have updated the software on both and they are running the same version of LB. Can you assist me with this, please?

So are you saying, you disconnect the laser’s USB from Mac#1, then connect to a different Mac, Mac#2, and cannot connect with this new Mac to the laser? You restarted the laser and Mac#2 after you connected? Maybe we need more detailed info… WHAT laser? Controller? GRBL version? Both Macs running what OSX version? Can the laser be seen in the "About this mac> system report>Hardware>USB buss?

Check USB details in ‘about this Mac’

Sounds like one of your machines is missing a driver

@kerrylaw7307 So Mac #1 will connect and run with no issues. If I get Mac #2, it will just say “waiting for connection.” I have shut down both the laser and LB before trying to connect and didn’t work. I also tried to have Mac #1 plugged in and working then unplug from Mac #1 to Mac # 2 and that doesn’t work either.
Mac #1 is running OS Catalina
Mac #2 is running OS X Yosemite.
Laser - Universal Engraver 15000mw blue CNC
15000 mw Blue CNC Laser Engraving Machine - https://universalengraver.com/collections/unique-lasers/products/15000-mw-blue-cnc-laser-engraving-machine

Both have LB 0.9.20.
GRBL - not exactly sure, I know its 1.1 or newer
Controller - where do if find this?
I will check on the last question later today when I’m at my laser.

Hi, In the ‘about this Mac’ I do see the USB but they are all apple related. I meant to take a screenshot but I will do that tonight and post it.

This is the issue. If you read from our documentation,

Minimum computer system requirements:

LightBurn will run on Windows 7.0 or later, 32 or 64 bit, MacOS 10.11 or later, or 64 bit Linux. LightBurn does not require a powerful computer for most work, though if your designs contain a lot of images, more memory is helpful., and a faster computer will make it easier to work with large images or complex vector graphics.

MacOS Yosemite is version number 10.10. LightBurn requires 10.11 at a minimum.

1 Like

So I updated my Mac to macOS High Sierra, 10.13.6 and it still isn’t finding my laser.

Don’t see this promised post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.