Morning Everyone! I’m hoping some of the more experienced photo engravers can tell me where i’m going wrong… I had someone commission an engraving of a drawing they had created for their wife. I’ve gone through about 12 different full image burns (roughly 8.5 x 11 @ 7+ hours each) and none of them have turned out great.
here is my original image:
I’m burning onto silver maple with a JTECH 7W diode laser. i ended up creating some sample boards to try and dial in my settings…
i settled on 320dpi, 30 In/m, Pwr 40% (power scaled down from 100% in the shape properties), jarvis dithering. Here’s what i got (this is with a wipe of mineral spirits to simulate finish):
I’m so far down into the weeds of this project i have no clue how to make this look cleaner without loosing detail. the face is the worst part to me. would love some help and will be willing to send out beers as a thanks!