Update 1.1.01 laser don’t work now

I done the update 1.1.01 and now when I try to use my laser it won’t work. I tried to cut a piece out and it will cut a W then stop. No W on the piece I’m trying to cut out. Worked fine before the update.

I had same thing happen.

I had same thing happen when lasering tile. Starts and immediately quits.

try to downgrade to see if the behavior is still the same or not

Telling us what isn’t happening doesn’t give us much to go on. Do you see any output in the console window? Errors in the software? Any other information you can give?

Ortur lasers are pretty notorious for having the shock sensor trigger on sharp corners, so my first guess would be that, but you’d get an error message in the console saying that’s what happened.

i reverted back to 1.1.00 i believe and same thing. it cut fine before the i done the update then i checked updates and seen there was one and done the update then went back to cutting and things dont work.

ive been cutting out earrings. All of it is a line cut. 8 passes at 600 speed and 80% power. when it goes to cut it just cuts a W in the wood and no W is on the pattern and then it quits. In the console it says whats below.

Starting Stream
Layer C02 Pass 1 of 8
error: unsupported command
On or near line 0:
Job halted
Stream completed in 0:00
ok
ok
ok

Click the ‘Save GCode’ button, save the file as test.txt or something, and upload it here so we can have a look. My guess is that you (or something) changed the M7/M8 toggle in the Device Settings menu accidentally. (It should be M8)

Its like its not seeing what i have on the screen or any of my previous work.

The entire problem is going to be this error. If you can post the GCode, I can probably tell you why that’s happening.

i tried but it gave a 502 error to large i guess

cant post all the gcode. To large i guess but tbhis is a f ew lines at the top.

; LightBurn 1.1.01
; iLaser device profile, current position
; Bounds: X0 Y-30.66 to X31.75 Y0
M101 P22844
G00 G17 G40 G20 G54
G91
M4
; Cut @ 600 mm/min, 80% power
M8
G0 X0.2178Y-0.1904
; Layer C02 Pass 1 of 8
G1 X0.0063Y0.002S800F23.622

if this helps it does show M8

; LightBurn 1.1.01
; iLaser device profile, current position
; Bounds: X0 Y-30.66 to X31.75 Y0
M101 P22844
G00 G17 G40 G20 G54
G91
M4
; Cut @ 600 mm/min, 80% power
M8
G0 X0.2178Y-0.1904
; Layer C02 Pass 1 of 8
G1 X0.0063Y0.002S800F23.622

Looks like your device is configured for iLaser. It should be GRBL.

Click Devices in the Laser window. Select your laser and click Edit. Select GRBL for your device type. Leave others as they are unless there’s something wrong with them.

Retest.

1 Like

during first setup i named it ilaser and have been using that for months. I done as you asked and things now work. Not sure why the setup i have been using for months stopped working but i thnk you so much for your help to getting me back to work. so very much appreciated.

iLaser is a very specific type of machine. They occasionally ask us to make changes to add support for new features.

You can’t use a random device profile in LightBurn “because it worked” - it might not continue to do so if it wasn’t intended for your machine.

thanks you all for all your help. I never realized my setup from the very beginning was wrong so i guess its a good thing i done the update and all this happened. much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.