Update to 0.9.18 causing communication issue

Have you guys tried the ‘official’ grbl mega port?

That looks like it’s starting in an alarm state, but I don’t see why. It appears to say that pins XYZAB are triggered - those would be the limit switches. Do you have them installed, or have hard limits enabled?

No limit switches… I looked and hard limits was enabled, I turned it off and it made no difference , then I saw that homing cycle $22 was enabled also so I turned it off and now it WORKS, even after unplug/power cycle reboot , my sincere apologies if this was causing the trouble all along and I’ve wasted your time , not sure how these were turned on…

1 Like

There was also a legitimate issue that was found and fixed, so your side quest didn’t cause any harm. :slight_smile:

It’s rare when a developer/creator takes time to address issues of the few when the many aren’t complaining. So I’d like to say thank you to OZ for helping the little people when you could have easily ignored us. Thank you so much! Your time is much appreciated and your software is top notch!

3 Likes

I agree and at times it feels like more than he should but you won’t find me complaining :slight_smile:
Apparently, - He is the one.

I’m still having issues connecting to my controller. I tried to download the file above but my system is x32 and the file was x64. Does the 0.9.20 32bit version on the main download have the fix?
I also replaced the firmware for the current grbl-mega and it all works fine on other software, just not lightburn… it did work fine previously but i can’t recall which version…can i download older version from somewhere to get my system going again.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.