Update to 1.3 Rotary now distorting

Last week we ran hundreds of tumblers. Yesterday or the day before we updated to 1.3 before starting the day, set up to run tumblers. A design measuring 1.5" high x 3" wide will run perfectly on a piece of cardboard on the bed, after setting up the rotary and using the settings we have always used for these tumblers our design now is looking squished and measures 1.5" x 2" wide. Regardless of what size tumbler i set up for and change the rotary setting accordingly it is continuously happening. Ive gone thru dozens of cups trying every solution I can think of. Is this something thats happening since the upgrade or am I possibly having other malfunction issues? Any ideas?

Hi Guys…still looking for some input!! I updated the software this morning with the update, thinking it was going to magically fix the issue but only when running rotary the image is still being squished…any ideas?

A few tips copied from lasers123.com. I don’t engrave the square I just mark 2 lines on painters tape 80mm apart and use the move window to move 80mm.

a. In LightBurn, create a rectangle that is 80mm wide x 5mm high.
b. Rotate the design 90-degrees so that the 80mm dimension runs along the round part of the cup.
c. Engrave the design.
d. Measure the rectangle in mm. (For this example, lets say it measured 95mm.)
e. Divide the measurement by 80. (e.g., 95 / 80 = 1.1875)
f. Find your current steps per rotation. (For this example, lets say it is 5000.)
g. Divide your current steps per rotation by the value obtained in step e. (e.g., 5000 / 1.1875 = 4210.53)
h. Test the value calculated in step g as your steps per rotation.

Jeff - yes!! This worked, thank you so much!! Now, is there any chance you could explain to me why this would have changed? I like to understand the process so that hopefully I can problem solve issues myself…after 6 years with this laser I would have seen this before lol.

I have no idea. I noticed some changes too. It writes the settings to the controller so I’m not sure if it’s a Lightburn issue or not.

Fixed the above link. It now works

Thank you Jeff!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.