Upgrade LightBurn Software

Hi Everyone. Need some advice please. I’m a LightBurn user for about 14 months operating with Neje Master 2S laser. With advice, help and feed back from LightBurn Forum I have got to a stage I’m running the programs etc correctly and is with it. LightBurn have upgraded the software late last year but I have still not upgrade mine because I’m concern that after doing it I may encounter problems whatsoever. I know it’s a dumb decision but I’m not a good IT guy and do no want to encounter any problems. My question is can I carry on without upgrading to the latest version or I should upgrade it. Thank you.

You can certainly carry on with the old version. If it does everything you need then it’s probably fine. What you’ll be missing are some of the new features and quality-of-life improvements and potentially some bug fixes. But if you’re not missing any of these things then you’re fine.

You can see the types of changes per release in the news site to see if anything is of interest to you:
News - Development updates and bug fixes – LightBurn Software

If you ever choose to upgrade and regret it you can always go back to older releases. I suggest you take a backup of your Prefs folder prior to upgrading if that’s a real concern for you. All versions of LightBurn are available here:
Releases · LightBurnSoftware/deployment · GitHub

Dear PY

Thank you for your reply. Have another question : Can I download only selected items instead of all of the upgrades.

“LightBurn 0.9.21 – Image adjustment window, image compositing, measuring tool, new file format, memory savings and much more."

This seem to be really interesting and will allow much improvement to laser engraving.

Thank you
John

Yes. Each download is a full self-contained full release.

For me there are just a lot lf little quality of life improvements more than any single feature ithat would make it compelling but everyone is in a different situation.