Upside down preview & blurry alignment

I finally had a chance to install my Lightburn camera on my Thunder Laser Nova 35. I installed the camera with the plug on the right side but the image is upside down in the camera view, I ran the lens calibration & the alignment & when I press update overlay the view is correct but the camera control preview is upside down.

Also when I was running the lens alignment the view is very blurry but the actual output is very clear! Which makes marking the cross hair accurately very difficult.
20200618_184759_copy_1209x1612|375x500

Does anyone have an idea on either of these issues?

Thank you
Gary

As for the camera
If the cable exits right the cam view will be upside down but the overlay will be correct

Which camera did you get? Nearly all of the LightBurn cameras are manually focused, so if you haven’t done that, you should. Close LightBurn, run the Windows Camera app, go full-screen, and twist the lens slowly until the image is in focus.

Ok thank you Raymond I’ll flip/rotate the camera. Will i need to redo lens calibration again? I know ill need to do alignment but wasn’t sure if i need to do the calibration?

Thank you Oz, i bought the 95° 8K camera. Also on a side note, I’m selling my 35 in a couple weeks & moving up to the 51.will the 105° camera work for that or is there another camera i should get?

Thanks Gary

The 95 is manual focus, so you probably just have to focus it. You won’t have to redo the calibration, just the alignment. Calibration only cares about the lens, nothing to do with the placement on the machine.

For the size increase, I’m not 100% sure. I believe the height to the bed is the same, so you need a wider FOV camera, and the 4K-N-120 is the choice for the 51. The 8MP-110 would likely work too. The software will actually tell you if you go to Help > Camera Selection Help. You can enter the bed size and it’ll tell you the minimum mounting height for each camera we sell.

Oz - thank you, i knew i could measure the height once i receive the laser but i wanted to get the camera ordered so I’d have it here when i receive the laser, but i don’t see the 120 available. Do you know when will it be back in stock.

Thank you

They’re here, just not publicly linked from the main site: https://lightburnsoftware.com/products/8mp-camera-4k-n

Oz thank you, its ordered, ill only have the camera a month before the laser :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.