USB not recognized

I transfer files from my computer to laser via USB … my last usb wasn’t saving files so I replaced it with a brand new one but my laser isn’t detecting it. The laser reads “NO USB”. Any thoughts? Also wondering how I can check through lightburn if the FDTI driver was installed when I did the latest update, where can I check that? TIA

If Lightburn cannot talk to the machine, it can’t really tell you anything other than it can’t find it…

If the last update was lightburn, it doesn’t deal with drivers, in the light it is an application and a driver is part of how the os interfaces.

How can/did you do this?

You have cleverly left out what kind of computer you own, which is usually in your profile… I can’t suggest anything without know what os you are running. I work with Ubuntu Linux.

Try this thread and if it doesn’t pan out search for ch340 on the site…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I am using an HP laptop, windows 11. Nothing has changed other than the USB. My laser has read my USB (recently lost) without any issues ever. I randomly found another one that just wasn’t working properly (files were staying on it once deleted etc.) so I replaced it with a new NXT 3.0 Flash Drive, which I formatted and successfully saved files to in Lightburn but my laser isn’t detecting it. The only other thing I could think it would be is if I didn’t have the little box checked for the FDTI Server when I did the latest update, that is why I was wondering if I could check that to rule it out. I am clearly not very technical, my laser was a second hand purchase that after some difficulty getting it to work with lightburn (the FDTI server was not installed), its been working as it should, especially with the USB.

I think we have a communications issue…

When you stated the usb wasn’t saving the file, I had thought you meant that the usb connection wasn’t letting you send the file…

Sorry about that… If you would have said the ‘memory stick’ or usb drive… it would have been more clear… lets move on …

Does Lightburn complain that it can’t write to the usb drive?

I don’t know much about your controller, so I’d have to ask if it used RDWorks as I don’t know what file extension should be used.

On the Ruida, you save it as an .rd file, at least Lightburn does, and the Ruida ‘looks’ for file a with that extension. You should be able to see them via the file browser on your computer.

Might check how your ‘stick’ is formatted… I think it needs a fat 32 file system formatted on the ‘stick’.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.